Thursday, June 8, 2023

Connecting Android Phone to Router with Ethernet Adapter

 



If you've ever wondered "how could I directly connect my cell phone to my router", well this article is for you.  If reading is not your thing, I also made a video of it at the bottom of this page.


All I did was simply connected this Dell 1gig USB C Network Adapter to my Samsung FE20 Android phone.


Now, I had actually does this before years ago and made a VERY popular video about it, but at that time there was no (easy) way to back feed a router's WAN (internet) port via the Ethernet connection.

However, something changed along the way and I discovered there is now a setting in connections just for tethering via Ethernet.



After that, all I had to do was hook it up to my router's WAN port and I magically had data!   



I also made a video about it HERE.






No comments:

Post a Comment